Apply for Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support
Please download and complete a Council Tax and Housing Benefit claim form (PDF 788KB)
Filling out your claim form
Please follow the instructions on your claim form. You will need:
- proof of rent (a rent statement or tenancy agreement stating your rent)
- ID (a passport or driver’s licence)
- proof of income (a payslip or benefits statement)
- proof of savings (a bank statement or pass book)
Please note: You do not need to provide evidence of rent for Council Tax Support only claims.
Return your form to us
Send your completed form, including the documents listed above, to:
Benefits, The Forum, Marlowes, Hemel Hempstead, Herts, HP1 1DN
Please note: you must send us the originals of your documents.
We aim to look at your claim within five days.
We aim to make a decision on your claim within 23 days and we will write to you when we have made our decision. If we have all of the information, we will make a decision sooner. If we need more information, we will write to you.
Want it sooner?
We will fast track your claim and process it in two working days if:
- you apply in person at The Forum in Hemel Hempstead, and
- you provide all the information and supporting evidence we need.
Need help filling in the form?
If you need help completing the claim form, please contact us.