Find out how to pay your invoices, update your contact details, contact our team and get specialist advice.

Make a payment

Please ensure payments for sundry invoices (also known as miscellaneous, and issued for a large range of services) and housing benefit overpayment invoices reach us by the due date. For sundry invoice payments, you'll need to quote your 13-digit reference. For housing benefit overpayments, please quote your six-digit reference.

Pay online

The easiest way to pay for occasional invoices is online using a credit or debit card. Click on the link below then select 'Invoice' for sundry invoices and 'Housing' for housing benefit overpayment invoices. 

Pay an invoice

Direct Debit

For regular sundry invoice payments, most customers prefer to pay us by Direct Debit. This means that payments are automatically taken from your bank or building society account so you never have to worry about missing one.

We'll always tell you in advance the dates and amounts, and you are fully protected from errors by the Direct Debit Guarantee.

You can set up a Direct Debit quickly and easily online:

Set up a Direct Debit

Alternatively, please call Customer Accounts on 01442 228315. If you've already set up a Direct Debit, details will be shown on the front of the invoice.

Other ways to pay

Expand all

  • Internet bank transfer

    Please allow up to seven days for bank transfers to clear. You can transfer to us using the following details:

    Sort code: 60-10-33
    Account number: 12441945

  • Telephone

    Call our 24-hour payment line on 0345 3706070. Please have your credit or debit card details and reference number to hand.

  • Post Office/PayPoint

    You can pay at any Post Office or PayPoint outlet if you take in your invoice.

    Please note: you can only pay by cash at PayPoint. Visit the PayPoint website to find your nearest outlet.

  • In person

    Take the Giro slip on the front of the invoice and your payment to a bank. If you are not an account holder at the bank, you may be charged a fee.

    Alternatively, can pay in person at one of our Customer Service Centres, using our automated payment machines.

  • By post

    Any cheques should be payable to Dacorum Borough Council and posted to Customer Accounts, Dacorum Borough Council, The Forum, Hemel Hempstead, HP1 1DN. Please note that we cannot accept post-dated cheques.

We need your contact details

If we regularly send you invoices, we need to update our records with your current email address, mobile and landline telephone numbers. This will enable us to send you e-statements and text messages regarding your account.

Update your contact details

Querying an invoice

If you have a query about an invoice, you should first get in touch with the department the invoice relates to. Their contact details can be found on the invoice. If you're not satisfied, please email or telephone 01442 228315.

Request a copy of an invoice

If you need a copy of an invoice, you can request one using our online form.

Request a copy invoice

Having difficulty paying?

If you're having difficulty paying your invoice, please get in touch by emailing or calling 01442 228315.

Direct Earnings Attachment (DEA)

If you are an employer, you may be asked to deduct benefit overpayments from an employee's pay. This is called a Direct Earnings Attachment (DEA). Find out more on our DEA page.

Debt advice and assistance

If you're experiencing financial difficulties, you may find it helpful to get specialist advice from one of the following organisations:

Page Last Updated: Thursday, 02 March 2023 at 12:06 PM

In this section