Pay for your parking by phone
Change of telephone payment provider
On Sunday 1 August 2021 we will be changing our telephone payment provider to PayByPhone.
What is the benefit for our customers?
- The charge to use the service (convenience fee) will reduce from 20p to 5p
- Charges for other services, such as text reminders, remain at 10p
- Extension of service for use at our on-street Pay and Park machines and in Lower Kings Road car park, as well as our existing phone payment sites
- We have no current plans to remove Pay and Park machines already in place.
What will this mean if you currently use RingGo in our car parks?
From 1 August you will only be able to use PayByPhone. The phone number or app that you currently use will change.
You can download the PayByPhone app to register, or register online, to pay for your parking from your mobile phone now - however, you won't able to use it in Dacorum until Sunday 1 August 2021. Payments can then be made by calling 0330 400 7275 or texting 65565. The PayByPhone website provides further information, as well as demonstration videos on how to use the app and service.
PayByPhone also has an interactive voice response self-service support centre on its website.
Details of our current parking session telephone payment provider are below. This service will not be available after 30 July 2021.
RingGo is a quick, easy-to-use mobile phone service, which lets you pay for your parking with a credit or
debit card, rather than using cash at a machine.
- You no longer need to carry change
- You don’t have to visit a parking machine and
- You don’t need to walk back with a parking ticket.
How to register with RingGo
You can pre-register with RingGo online or by using its app for iPhone and Android handsets (downloadable from your app store).
If you pre-register for the service you will be asked to provide:
- The number plate, colour and make of your vehicle
- Your payment card details
Alternatively, you can register at the same time you want to park, either by using the RingGo app or by calling RingGo on 0203 046 0010.
Once registered, RingGo recognises your mobile phone number and retrieves information you have previously given. This means that when you pay you only have to provide:
- The five-digit location code where you are parked. Each area offering RingGo has its own individual location number (click for details of locations in your area). Local signs provide this information.
- The length of time you want to park, and
- Your payment card three-digit security code.
Ways to pay
For more information on all the options below, please visit RingGo's website
How much does RingGo cost?
There is no charge for registering with RingGo and no charge for downloading or using the RingGo iPhone and Android applications.
When you park your vehicle with RingGo, you generally pay a 20p convenience charge on top of the normal parking tariff charges which apply. This parking charge will be shown on your monthly credit/debit card statement.
If you call RingGo, the number used is a geographic one, so you are charged the standard rate agreed with your mobile phone operator. Such calls are often included free within mobile phone packages, so if you receive a free “bundle of minutes”, your call will usually be included in this.
If you use the RingGo “text to park” option, you will pay for the text message at your agreed operator rate. You will also pay a 10p charge for the summary text message (which you automatically receive), providing confirmation of your parking session details.
The optional parking session confirmation messages and reminder texts (alerting you when your session is about to run out), cost 10p per message.
Can I get a VAT receipt?
If you need a VAT receipt for your RingGo parking session, you can view and print it online by logging in on the RingGo website. If you provide RingGo with your email address, you can opt to receive a receipt automatically every time you park. Just log in and add your email address into the settings menu.