Aids and adaptations

If you require aids or adaptations to make living in your council home easier, we may be able to help.

Before we make any adaptations to your home, you need an occupational therapy assessment. To request one, phone 0300 123 4042 or go to the Hertfordshire County Council website and fill in the self-referral form.

The Occupational Therapist will contact us after the assessment to tell us the agreed recommendations.

In some cases, we may not be able to adapt your home, regardless of what the assessment says. In such cases, we will seek to rehouse you to more appropriate accommodation. If you are concerned that we will not adapt your home, please speak to a member of the Assets team by calling 01442 228000 and asking for 'Assets and Business Improvement'.

Page Last Updated: Tuesday, 13 August 2019 at 08:15 AM