Local newspaper relief

You could get local newspaper relief if your property is used as office premises for journalists and reporters on a local newspaper.

You cannot get the relief for:

  • magazines
  • online newspapers that are not printed

What you'll get

Eligible properties will get a £1,500 reduction in business rates each year, up until 31 March 2025.

You can only get relief for one property per local newspaper. If several local newspapers use the same office, you can only get the relief on one.

How to get local newspaper relief

To apply for this relief, please email business.rates@dacourm.gov.uk or call 01442 228268.

More information

Find out more about local newspaper relief on the Government website.

Page Last Updated: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 10:57 AM