To help us to operate effectively, we collect information about our residents, employees, businesses and other third parties.
In some cases the law requires us to collect information to meet the requirements of local and central government, for example (but not limited to):
- the holding of information in a customer relationship management system
- the purposes of putting in a planning application.
- to administer council tax / housing benefits
- to administer complaints.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
GDPR gives you certain rights in respect to your personal data and we must comply with it. It also places legal responsibilities on organisations that process personal information about you.
GDPR says that organisations processing personal information must be open about how it is to be used and they must make sure that the data is processed:
- fairly, lawfully and in a transparent manner
- for specific, explicit and legitimate purposes
- adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary for the purposes of processing
- accurate and, where necessary, up to date
- kept no longer than is necessary for the personal data to be processed
- in accordance with your (data subject) rights
- in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data
- transferred to countries where the organisation receiving the personal data has provided the appropriate safeguards.
- you have a right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data
- you have the right to access your personal data and other supplementary information
- you have the right to correct inaccurate personal data
- you have the right to request your personal be erased (unless we are required by law to keep it)
- you have the right to object to processing (i.e marketing)
The full list of rights can be found in our GDPR policy (PDF 303KB). View our other privacy policies.
Request personal information
Under GDPR you can request to see information that we hold about you, including supplementary about you. To make a request, please download and complete our access to personal information form (PDF 170 KB). Please provide us with sufficient information about the information you are requesting.
We must respond within one month of the date of receipt of your request.
Return your completed form to us at email@example.com or send it to: