About Street Champions
We are committed to making the borough a cleaner, greener and safer place to live, but to do this, we need your help.
The Street Champion network of volunteers act as the eyes and ears of the community. They help improve an area by reporting faults, looking after the environment and encouraging neighbours and friends to get more involved in community events and activities. So why not help make Dacorum a better place for all to live and work?
What does being a Street Champion involve?
There is no formal commitment in becoming a volunteer, you can do as much or as little as you like, either in a group or on your own, and activities include:
- Reporting problems - we will provide you with all the information you need to report issues such as dog fouling, fly-tipping and litter.
- Environmental activities - adopt a flower bed to look after, or take part in bulb planting in the autumn.
- Community events - get involved in community events, such as street parties or Christmas light switch-ons.
- Litter picking - we will supply you with a kit, which includes a litter picker, gloves, rubbish sacks, hi-vis bib.
Why should I become a Street Champion?
- Get things fixed - report issues we are responsible for - either online, by telephone or via email. Find out more about Reporting environmental problems (PDF 2MB).
- Personal and community pride - feel satisfaction at seeing a problem you have reported solved
- Go green - get involved in environmental volunteering opportunities
- Lead by example - organise a group litter pick or a street party.
How to get involved
To register as a Street Champion, please fill out our online form below:
Health and safety
In your welcome pack you will find updated COVID-19 guidance on litter picking, a sample risk assessment for litter picking and a list of safety dos and don’ts.
Please note: individuals currently shielding, considered in ‘at-risk’ groups, displaying symptoms of coronavirus (or in contact with those with symptoms) or who have been directly advised to self-isolate should not litter pick.
We are here to support Street Champions. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org