Licensing fees and charges
Unless otherwise stated, all fees are payable at the time of making an application.
The fees are set on a cost recovery basis, and in setting them we looked at the costs we incur in processing and issuing licences, taking into account:
- administration work
- carrying out pre-grant inspections
- a proportion of the costs of arranging hearings to determine contentious applications
- any background checks that have to be undertaken
- the costs of developing policies for each of these areas
- any special equipment, materials or resources required
- where permitted, a proportion of the costs of ensuring compliance by licensed businesses
- a proportion of the overhead costs incurred by the licensing service.
Licensing fees will be reviewed on an annual basis, unless other developments require an earlier review.
Licensing fees and charges 2016-17 (PDF 418KB)