Apply for Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support
Please download and complete a Council Tax and Housing Benefit claim form (PDF 478KB).
Filling out your claim form
Please follow the instructions on your claim form. You will need:
- proof of rent (a rent statement or tenancy agreement stating your rent)
- ID (a passport or driver’s licence)
- proof of income (a payslip or benefits statement)
- proof of savings (a bank statement or pass book)
Please note: You do not need to provide evidence of rent for Council Tax Support only claims.
Return your form to us
Send your completed form, including the documents listed above, to:
Benefits, The Forum, Marlowes, Hemel Hempstead, Herts, HP1 1DN
Please note: you must send us the originals of your documents.
We aim to look at your claim within five days.
We aim to make a decision on your claim within 23 days and we will write to you when we have made our decision. If we have all of the information, we will make a decision sooner. If we need more information, we will write to you.
Want it sooner?
We will fast track your claim and process it in two working days if:
- you apply in person at The Forum in Hemel Hempstead, and
- you provide all the information and supporting evidence we need.
Need help filling in the form?
If you need help completing the claim form, please contact us.
Due to essential maintenance work, our online forms and payment system will be unavailable between 8am and 6pm on Saturday 17 March. We apologise for any inconvenience caused. ×