Advice and support
Herts Start-up Programme
In partnership with Wenta and Stanta, we have secured funding from the European Regional Development Fund which enables us to offers free business advice and training for Hertfordshire-based start-up and established micro businesses (up to three years old).
We offer 12 hours of support to each business, which may consist of:
- Business advice meetings with an experienced business adviser
- Assistance with registering the business with Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs (HMRC) and Companies House
- Training workshops covering a wide range of topics, such as starting a business, Microsoft programs, finance, customer service and marketing. Full details of the courses on offer can be found here.
Business advice meetings
At a business advice meeting, you will receive personalised advice, along with a follow-up email indicating the key action points.
The advice will include everything you need to set up your business, from practical, legal and financial information through to a thorough analysis of your business strategy.
This evaluation will include a review of any competitive advantages that you may have, profiling your potential or current customers, researching your competitors and pricing structure, and developing a marketing plan.
We can help you to:
- Create a business plan from initial research, through to implementation
- Understand key strategy issues
- Develop a marketing plan
- Understand key financial data – cash flow, profit and loss
In addition, there will be potential for a limited number of small business grants (subject to eligibility).
How to apply
For further information, or to register your interest, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Economic Development Team on 01442 531002.
Support for established businesses
If your business is not eligible to join the Herts Start-up Programme we are still able to offer you free advice and support on a range of matters. We aim to make contact with as many companies as possible in the Dacorum area and are keen to hear about what you feel are the positives about being based in the area and what could be done to make improvements.
If your business has connections to the tourism market, you could benefit by joining our Tourism Partnership, run by Enjoy Dacorum with Visit Herts. We also offer free listings on our dedicated tourism website. For more information, please email email@example.com or call 01442 531002.