There have been reports of scammers operating in the borough impersonating council officers and district enviro-crime officers. Police have been made aware and are looking into these incidents.
We are working in partnership with District Enforcement - a company that specialises in enviro-crime enforcement - to issue Fixed Penalty Notices (FPN) to those seen littering, failing to clear up after their dog or breaching Public Spaces Protection
- All officers operating within Dacorum have been screened and vetted. Officers have received intensive training and receive ongoing professional development to ensure high standards required by ourselves are met.
- Officers wear a smart blue and black uniform and display both the Dacorum Borough Council and District Enforcement logos embroidered into the uniform as seen in the photo.
- They are equipped with body-worn cameras, which ensures footage of every interaction between officers and members of the public are recorded.
- These officers also carry picture ID badges and paperwork proving they are authorised to work on behalf of ourselves.
- They will always make themselves known and identify themselves when interacting with residents and members of the public. Any ID verification can be quickly checked by calling 01442 228000/228455.
- District Enforcement officers never ask for payment on the spot. They will advise payment can be made online via the website or by telephone, Payzone or at the Post Office.
If you are approached by someone claiming to be a Council or District Enforcement officer and they do not do any of the above, we urge you to request identification immediately before engaging. If this is not produced satisfactorily, then we advise
you to walk away and contact the police as soon as possible and report the incident giving as much detail as possible.
You can find more information about District Enforcement and our new policy of issuing Fixed Penalty Notices on District Enforcement's website or find out more about our Public Spaces Protection Orders.