The Community Grant is designed to support community activities and improve the wellbeing of Dacorum residents. It is aimed at community groups and voluntary organisations within the borough who are looking for funding to deliver projects that will primarily benefit the people living in Dacorum. Projects must support our vision and priorities, as well as the "five ways to wellbeing" (see guidance notes below for more information)
Please note: If you are successful in being awarded a small grant or larger community grant, you may not apply for further funding until the next financial year.
How to apply
Our Community Grant Scheme is now open for applications. It will close at 5pm on Tuesday 31 May 2022. You can apply below and prepare in the following ways:
- Contact us for an initial discussion about your project
- Make sure that your project is eligible for funding through the Community Grant Scheme
- Read through the example application form
- Prepare your supporting documentation.
Small grants fund
If you require funding of £500 or less, our small grants fund is quick and easy to apply for. Find out more on our small grants fund page. If you are applying for larger sums, please see below.
There are three rounds for the community grants each year:
- The current round of funding closes for applications on Tuesday 31 May 2022 at 5pm.
- The summer round will be open for applications between Friday 1 July 2022 and Wednesday 31 August 2022.
- The winter round will be open for applications between Monday 3 October 2022 and Wednesday 30 November 2022.
Please read the guidance notes before starting the application:
Do you want to see the questions before registering online? Check out the document below:
A step-by-step guide to completing the online grants form is available below:
Need inspiration? Here is a list of projects that we have previously funded:
Green Community Grants
As part of our climate and ecological emergency work, we now provide Green Community Grants. Groups can obtain a maximum grant of £3,000, from a pot of £20,000.
This scheme is specifically set up to support projects in our community that tie in with the aims of the Dacorum Climate Action Network and benefit the environment, as well as Dacorum’s residents. The purpose is to encourage and enable local groups to 'think global and act local' whilst tackling environmental challenges.
In order to apply for funding, proposed Green Community Grant projects must demonstrate that they will actively help towards the mitigation of the climate and ecological emergency locally. Your project will need to fit at least one (ideally more) of our key environmental themes:
- Energy and emissions
- Waste and consumption. (Please note: activities around litter picking and fly-tipping will not be eligible for funding. If you are interested in litter picking, please see our community litter pick page or our Street Champions scheme.)
Projects must also engage with or benefit the local community. The projects with the greatest impacts will be awarded the funding.
The Green Community Grant scheme is currently closed for applications.
How to prepare an application
Please note that this scheme is separate to the Community Grant scheme (above).
If you apply for a grant but are unsuccessful, you may want to consider crowdfunding your project.
Here are some links to some helpful resources about crowdfunding:
Support for applicants
Community Action Dacorum offers two types of support for local voluntary sector and community groups.
- support with completing the application questions
- support with completing the online form
Please use the contact details below for Community Action Dacorum to access this support.
If you have technical difficulties or specific queries about the Community Grant application, please contact us.
Please note: we may share your information with other internal departments and relevant external organisations for the purpose of assessing your grant application.
Community Action Dacorum
Phone: 01442 253935
Dacorum Borough Council
Phone: 01442 228308