Queen's Platinum Jubilee
This year, Her Majesty The Queen will become the first British Monarch to celebrate a Platinum Jubilee, marking 70 years of service to the people of the United Kingdom, the Realms and the Commonwealth.
To celebrate this unprecedented anniversary, a series of events and initiatives will be held over a four-day bank holiday weekend (Thursday 2 June to Sunday 5 June 2022).
The Palace has partnered with event organisers, the Bruno Peek Foundation, to help set out the plans for the upcoming weekend of celebrations.
We're organising a number of events over the weekend and we'd like to see as many organisations and residents as possible getting involved. We've put together the information below to help everyone get the best information possible for their upcoming plans.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
Dacorum events schedule
Dacorum event schedule for the Queen's Platinum Jubilee
|Thursday 2 June
|11.30am to 12.30pm
||We will be planting a tree at Queen's Square in Adeyfield, Hemel Hempstead, to commemorate the Queen's Green Canopy planting initiative. The event will welcome the community and local dignitaries including Josephine Connell (OBE), Deputy-Lieutenant of Hertfordshire.
- 11.30am - Welcome address by the Mayor
- 11.40am - Blessing of the tree by Reverend Richard
- 11.45am - Unveiling of the plaque
- 11.50am - Photo opportunities
|2pm to 2.20pm
||Trooping the Colour
||We'll be hosting a parade along the Old Town in Hemel Hempstead and into Gadebridge Park. Local uniformed groups will take part.
- 2pm - Town Crier to begin parade at entrance to Gadebridge Park from Queensway and march through the park.
- 2.10pm - Parade to form in front of stage and the Town Crier will read the proclamation. Darryl Keen QFSM, Deputy-Lieutenant of Hertfordshire, will make a speech.
- 2.15pm - The Mayor of Dacorum will make a welcome speech and the Queen's Platinum Jubilee Flag will be raised to the national anthem.
- 2.20pm - Parade to fall out
|2pm to 10pm
||Live event - Platinum Party in the Park
There will be a series of free entertainment and festivities in Gadebridge Park, Hemel Hempstead for all the family to enjoy. The event ends with the lighting of the Platinum Jubilee Beacon and a firework finale.
It also includes:
- 2pm - Parade through Gadebridge Park and Town Criers undertake the proclamation (see above for full details)
- 2.30pm - Welcome from compere Andre Vincent
- 2.55pm: Young performers from Gobstoppers
- 3.15pm - Flash Mob from Apex
- 3.30pm - Glee Club from Gobstoppers
- 3.50pm - Uke Ellington and the Bandits
- 4.40pm - Comedian Howard Read
- 5.05pm - Comedian Laura Lexx
- 5.30pm - Comedian Jonny Awsum
- 5.55pm - Joanna Borden Contemporary Dance Group
- 6.10pm - Acoustic Singer Ashlea Lauren
- 7.10pm - Pianist Vanessa Hastings
- 8pm - Too Hard to Handle followed by DJ set
- 9.35pm - Pipers to play Diu Regnare
- 9.45pm - Beacon lighting ceremony
- 9.50pm - Joanna Borden Contemporary Dance Group
For more information, please see our Platinum Party in the Park poster (PDF 860KB).
|Friday 3 June
|We have no events planned this day, as other local community groups may have things going on.
|Saturday 4 June
|2pm to 10pm
||Live broadcast from the BBC
||The BBC will stage and broadcast a special live concert from Buckingham Palace, bringing together some of the world’s biggest stars. We will be screening the events on a large screen in Gadebridge Park for the community to watch. Bring a blanket and picnic to the park to enjoy this free event.
|Sunday 5 June
|10am to 4pm
||The Big Jubilee Lunch
||The Big Lunch began in 2009, encouraging local communities to come together and celebrate their connections. We would like to encourage as many people as possible to celebrate the occasion as part of their communities. Find out more about the Big Jubilee Lunch.
The Big Jubilee Lunch
Whether it’s sharing a cuppa with a neighbour on the doorstep or a bigger bash in the street, join millions of people across the UK to share friendship, food and fun with The Big Jubilee Lunch. We're keen to help support everyone in organising community events, from large to small.
For ideas and support on planning your street party, download your free pack on the Big Lunch website.
The deadline for road closure applications has now passed.
If you're hosting a larger event, rather than just a street party for your neighbours, approval of road closures does not always mean the event is able to go ahead. Larger events will need to ensure that they meet the requirements of the local Dacorum Safety Advisory Group. Find out more.
If you're seeking funding to support an event or activity you are planning for The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee, then there are a range of options available. Please visit the Government's Platinum Jubilee website to find out more.
The Queen's Green Canopy
This unique tree-planting initiative, to mark Her Majesty’s Platinum Jubilee in 2022, invites everyone - from individuals and groups to villages, schools and companies - to “Plant a Tree for the Jubilee”.
To find out more, including details about how to get involved, please see our Queen's Green Canopy in Dacorum leaflet (PDF 666KB).
Further details about the Platinum Jubilee can be found on the Government's official website.