Tenant Improvement Grant

The Tenant Improvement Grant (TIG) is available to all Dacorum Borough Council tenants and leaseholders. It aims to give our tenants and leaseholders the opportunity to make small improvements within their environment. TIG, which offers funding up to £5,000, is all about helping our tenants and leaseholders to step forward with their ideas to improve their communal areas, health and wellbeing, and to build stronger communities. Find out more about the Tenant Improvement Grant.

Disabled Facilities Grant

If you are a Dacorum Borough Council tenant requiring disabled adaptations, please see our Aids and adaptations page.

All other residents may apply for a Disabled Facilities Grant (DFG). This is available to owners or tenants of properties (including permanent residential mobile homes) that are, or will be, occupied by a person with a disability. The DFG may pay the whole or part of the cost of adaptation work needed in order to allow the disabled person safe access into and around the property, to be able to get to the main rooms, and to be able to use the essential facilities where necessary.

The rules relating to DFG are set by the Government and are subject to a financial means test, which would determine whether you would have to pay a contribution towards the cost of any works.

We are only able to consider adaptations with a recommendation from an Occupational Therapist from Hertfordshire County Council's Adult Care Team. To arrange for an assessment of your needs, please call the team on Freephone 0300 1234 042.

Financial help with moving costs

In certain agreed circumstances, tenants may be given financial help to move:

Energy-saving home improvements

More information about grants and funding is available on our home energy efficiency page. If you are a Dacorum Borough Council tenant considering making any improvements to your home, you must first ask our permission - find out more at making improvements to your home.

Help with the cost of living

We understand that the cost of living crisis is having an impact on many families who have never previously experienced financial difficulties. You can find information about the help that may be available to you on our Cost of living support page.

warning sign Our consultation on parking tariffs and charges is now open. Have your say before 11.59pm on Thursday 19 October 2023. Find out more and comment.  ×