We have around 430 dog poo bins across Dacorum, and you can also put your dog waste in any normal litter bin. If you do not clear up after your dog, you can be issued with a fixed penalty notice, or you can be taken to court and face a fine.
If there is severe or persistent dog fouling in a particular area, please report it to us.
Report dog fouling online
Alternatively, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01442 228418.
- Don't let your dog bark or whine for long periods.
- Keep your dog indoors if it barks constantly when unattended or disturbed.
- If your dog still barks when indoors, make arrangements to leave it with a neighbour or friend or get someone to call in. Leave its favourite toy or put the radio on at a very low volume.
- Move the kennel or put up a fence so that your dog is disturbed less often by passers-by.
- Attend a dog training class to retrain your dog and change its behaviour.
To make a noise complaint about a barking dog, please go to our noise complaints page.
Microchipping is a legal and permanent way of identifying a dog. From 6 April 2016, all dogs over eight weeks of age must be microchipped. If you do not have your dog microchipped, or if you give incorrect details, you can be fined.
A microchip is a tiny chip, approximately the size of a grain of rice, bearing a unique number. It is implanted under the animal’s skin at the back of the neck. This chip can be scanned by dog wardens, vets and animal rescue centres using a special reader.
By checking the unique number against a central database, a lost pet can be swiftly reunited with an owner anywhere in the country. If you would like your dog microchipped, please email email@example.com or call 01442 228418.