Speak at an Overview and Scrutiny Committee meeting
Councillors who sit on the Dacorum Borough Council are elected by voters in Dacorum to decide on a range of issues on behalf of residents.
There are four Overview and Scrutiny Committees:
- Strategic Planning and Environment
- Finance and Resources
- Housing and Community
- Health in Dacorum
Overview and Scrutiny meetings are held on a regular basis. You can find meeting dates and agendas on our meetings calendar
- Each speaker may speak for a maximum of two minutes. A total of 15 minutes is available for people to speak. If you wish to speak, we need to know in writing by noon, the day before the meeting.
- Questions and statements should be relevant to the work of that meeting. We need an outline of what you want to say so that we can check that it is relevant.
- You may not ask a question if it is substantially the same as a question which has been put at an Overview and Scrutiny meeting in the past six months.
- Every statement or question will be answered without discussion and the Chairman may decline to answer.
- You must show respect for the members and the meeting.
- After making a statement or asking a question, you must take your seat to listen to the reply. Afterwards you may join the public for the rest of the meeting, or leave the meeting.
How to register to speak
To register to speak, please click on one of the links below to go to a meeting registration form. You must tell us that you would like to take part by midday the day before the meeting.
Which committee meeting would you like to attend?