Dacorum Youth Forum
Are you aged 9 to 18? Do you want to be an active member of your community? It's easy to join in and have your say. Get involved and make a difference!
Who we are
We are a group of young people aged 9 to 18 who want to make a difference locally. Dacorum Youth Forum has enabled our voices to be heard and allowed us to gain confidence and learn new skills.
"It's really fun and you make new friends. You learn new things, such as making art out of recycled materials and how to be a photographer." - Tom
"The youth group is about getting together to have fun, learn new things and have new experiences and to be actively helpful within our community." - Ruby
"We work on issues that matter to us and get involved in local issues." - Patrick
We keep everyone up to date and we'll make sure you have support with whatever you want to do. We can work alongside your other commitments, so you can get involved as much or as little as you want.
What we do
We usually meet up two Thursdays a month (4.30pm to 5.30pm). We discuss future projects and we welcome speakers. If something big is happening, we also hold sub-group meetings to make sure the project gets finished on time. We have been involved with lots of things, such as:
- organising and running events for young people
- helping with other events in Dacorum
- community projects
- helping with consultation
- supporting campaigns
- representing Dacorum youth
- visiting the British Youth Council
- meeting with the Mayor and other councillors
- presenting to Full Council
- working with council staff
- designing leaflets
- helping with the youth pages on this website
To see what we've been up to, visit our Activities page.
What we have planned
We asked what young people care about, and the answers were:
- involvement in local issues and giving back to the community
- learning new skills and building confidence
- fundraising for our chosen charity
There is plenty happening in the upcoming months, and we're looking forward to the new opportunities that are planned for this year.
How you can join in
We're always looking for new members to expand the membership of Dacorum Youth Forum.
We're looking for young people who want to:
- voice their ideas
- boost their confidence and learn new skills
- make a difference locally
- do something different
If you are interested, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01442 228000.