Coronavirus (COVID-19) parking advice

Parking restriction enforcement

The enforcement of all parking restrictions will continue through any future lockdown periods, COVID-19 tiers or locally established restrictions if reintroduced, unless Government legislation prohibits it.

Car parks

Our surface car parks are open 24 hours a day. Our multi-storey car parks: Water Gardens (North) Hemel Hempstead is open daily 6am to 6pm and Lower Kings Road, Berkhamsted is open daily 7am to 1am. Although no longer mandatory, we advise customers to keep a two-metre space between themselves and other customers, to wear a mask in our multi-storey car parks, pay by phone if possible and by contactless card if not. As with touching any other street furniture, we recommend washing or sanitising your hands after using the Pay and Park machines. Lines have been marked around the Pay and Park machines in our car parks to help maintain social distancing. For more information about our car parks, including location, prices and maximum stay, please visit our car parks page.

For information concerning privately owned car parks (such as Marlowes Shopping Centre, Riverside, NCP, Waitrose, Apsley retail park, London Northwestern, and Jarman Park) please visit their individual websites.

On-street parking

All waiting restrictions are being enforced.

We recommend that Pay and Park payment is made by contactless card and that you wash or sanitise your hands after using the Pay and Park machines.

Residential areas (including Controlled Parking Zones)

All waiting restrictions are being enforced in CPZs and other residential areas.

Residents requiring advice concerning resident permits or visitor parking sessions can email or telephone 01908 223505.

Penalty Charge Notices, permit and visitor parking sessions 

Please address queries concerning Penalty Charge Notices (PCNs/parking tickets), resident permits and visitor parking sessions to or telephone 01908 223505. As many of our colleagues are working from home, we request your understanding if any calls are interrupted by children or other family sounds.

Suspensions and dispensations

Find out more about how to obtain a suspension or dispensation.