We are committed to making the borough a cleaner, greener and safer place to live, but to do this, we need your help.
The Street Champion network of volunteers act as the eyes and ears of the community. They help improve an area by reporting faults, looking after the environment and encouraging neighbours and friends to get more involved in community events and activities. So why not help make Dacorum a better place for all to live and work?
What does being a Street Champion involve?
There is no formal commitment in becoming a volunteer, you can do as much or as little as you like, either in a group or on your own, and activities include:
- Reporting problems - we will provide you with all the information you need to report issues such as dog fouling, fly-tipping and litter
- Environmental activities - adopt a flower bed to look after, or take part in bulb planting in the autumn
- Community events - get involved in community events, such as street parties or Christmas light switch-ons
- Litter picking - we will supply you with a kit, which includes a litter picker, gloves, rubbish sacks, hi-vis bib.
Why should I become a Street Champion?
- Get things fixed - report issues we are responsible for - either online, by telephone or via email
- Personal and community pride - feel satisfaction at seeing a problem you have reported solved
- Go green – get involved in environmental volunteering opportunities
- Lead by example - organise a group litter pick or a street party
How to get involved
If you would like to become a Street Champion, please fill in our Street Champions registration form (PDF 196KB) and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please call 01442 228000 and ask for 'Neighbourhood Action'.
Health and safety
The safety of all our volunteers is important to us. In your welcome pack you will find guidance on litter picking, a sample risk assessment for litter picking, and a list of safety dos and don’ts.
We are here to support Street Champions and assist with any problems they may encounter when reporting issues. For more information, please email email@example.com or call 01442 228000 and ask for 'Neighbourhood Action'.