Power cut advice
In the event of a power cut, contact UK Power Networks 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Register for text message updates - text 'Power' followed by your postcode to 80876
- Sign up for extra support during a power cut
Need extra support during a power cut or know someone else (maybe a relative, neighbour, patient, or friend) that would? You may be entitled to free extra support from UK Power Networks.
Who can sign up?
You need to live in London, the south east of England or the east of England (type in your postcode to check that you live in an area where UK Power Networks own and maintain the electricity cables that deliver electricity).
If you live in a UK Power Networks area then the following can apply:
- Customers who are dependent on medical equipment
- Customers who are chronically sick
- Customers with a disability
- Customers who are blind or visually impaired
- Customers with young babies
- A nursing or residential home
- Other cases will be considered too, so please get in touch.
What support can you get?
This doesn't necessarily mean you'll get your power back on more quickly, but you will receive:
- A priority phone number that you can call 24 hours a day if you have a power cut
- A welcome pack with useful advice about preparing for a power cut
- Regular text message or phone updates during a power cut
- Extra support from the British Red Cross to visit your home (if you agree)
How to apply
Who are UK Power Networks?
UK Power Networks own and maintain electricity cables and lines across London, the south east and east of England. You don’t pay your electricity bills to UK Power Networks. Your electricity supplier is the company you choose to buy your electricity from, and who you pay your bills to.