Could your business use £1,000 to help it grow?
Organised by Dacorum Borough Council and supported by local sponsors, Dacorum’s Den is our business grant scheme, based on the popular TV show, which gives budding local entrepreneurs the chance to apply for up to £1,000 to grow and develop a business idea.
Since it was launched in 2012, more than £55,000 has been invested in business growth.
The deadline for applications is Monday 6 June 2022. This scheme open to all individuals and businesses in Dacorum who have:
- less than 20 employees and under £1million turnover
- have a great business idea
- are keen to expand their business in Dacorum
- require funds to adapt their business to better survive the post-COVID environment.
All businesses applying to Dacorum’s Den will meet with a member of the Economic Wellbeing team to receive business support regardless of the outcome of their application.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to put their ideas before a panel of judges led by Sir Mike Penning MP who will hear their pitch and decide whether or not to award the grant. This year’s sponsors are Sopra Steria, Britvic, Abode Bed, Epson, Heart Hertfordshire, The Marlowes Shopping Centre, Hemel Hempstead BID and Barnard & Webb Solicitors. Find out more about our sponsors.
Sir Mike Penning MP for Hemel Hempstead said: “I support this scheme entirely, it is not only supportive of the local economy, but it sees larger corporations enabling the growth of small businesses.”
How to apply
Apply by downloading the Dacorum's Den application form 2022 (PDF 366KB). Completed applications forms should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on 6 June 2022.
Dacorum's Den timetable of events
|Monday 6 June 2022
||Applications close at 5pm
|Friday 8 July 2022
||Shortlisted applicants present their idea to the Dacorum's Den panel
|Friday 15 July 2022
Terms and conditions
All applicants must:
- Be either people wishing to start their business in Dacorum or an organisation already based in Dacorum.
- Be aged 18 or over and may be required to produce evidence of identity and age.
- The grant amount requested may not exceed £1,000.
- Applications will only be accepted from organisations with less than 20 employees.
- Applicant’s turnover must be less than £1 million per annum.
- Businesses that have previously won a grant cannot apply.
- Images and reference to website may be included.
- Entries which are illegible or incomplete will be invalid.
- By entering, organisations agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The judging panel’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Businesses must demonstrate how the grant will make a difference to their business.
- Successful applications will be promoted on Dacorum Borough Council’s websites and applicants must be prepared to participate in other publicity if required, including events.
- In the event of a grant being awarded, it will be paid 28 days from receipt of invoice.
Do you know of a small, Dacorum-based business that could benefit from a grant of up to £1,000? Then sign up to our Dacorum Business Update e-newsletter to be kept informed of key dates and other interesting information. Email email@example.com for more details.