Organised by Dacorum Borough Council and supported by local sponsors, Dacorum’s Den is our business grant scheme, based on the popular TV show, which gives budding local entrepreneurs the chance to apply for up to £1,000 to grow and develop a business idea.
Since it was launched in 2011, over £60,000 has been invested in business growth and 53 new jobs created.
Our thanks to this year's sponsors, Abodebed, Epson, Sopra Steria, JE2, Kings Langley School, My Mustard and Squire Estates. More details can be found on our sponsors' page.
How to get involved
Entry for the 2018 scheme is now open. An application form is available at the bottom of this page.
Please note the important dates below.
- Tuesday 27 March, 2pm to 4pm - Den application workshop - please email email@example.com to book a space.
- Friday 18 May, 7pm - closing date for applications.
- Wednesday 30 May - Shortlist for judging Den announced.
- Friday 6 July - Presentation to Dacorum's Den judges.
- Friday 20 July - Awards ceremony, Shendish Manor.
Entries are invited from any business based in Dacorum that employs less than 20 employees and has a turnover of less than £1 million.
The grant should be used for:
- Test trading a product or service
- Expanding into a new market
- Diversifying into a new product area
- Promoting a new product or service
- Buying equipment or tools to improve your efficiency, or to launch a new business
- Producing a prototype
Please download the Dacorum's Den grant application form (PDF 640KB).
Completed forms, along with your business plan and any supporting documents, should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org before 7pm on Friday 18 May.
If you'd like more information or guidance with your application, please contact Pennie Rayner. Call 01442 531003 or email email@example.com.