Update Monday 16 April:
Bin collections are currently on schedule.
However, we expect that collections will be affected again after the May Day Bank Holiday (Monday 7 May). Please refer to our website nearer the time for updates.
If your bin collection has been missed, please report it on our website.
Industrial action information
Industrial action is being taken by members of Unite The Union and Unison.
Unite The Union have called upon its members to take part in a discontinuous ban as follows:
- Starting at 00.01 hours on 31 March 2018, ending at 23.59 hours on 1 April 2018
- Starting at 00.01 hours on 7 April 2018, ending at 23.59 on 8 April 2018
- Starting at 00.01 hours on 14 April 2018, ending at 23.59 on 15 April 2018
- Starting at 00.01 hours on 21 April 2018, ending at 23.59 on 22 April 2018
- And at the same times every Saturday and Sunday, thereafter, up to and including 16-17 June 2018
Unison intends to call upon its members to take part in discontinuous strike action on 31 March 2018.
The action is over the Council's decision to reduce redundancy payment ratio from 2.2 times the number of years worked down to 1.5 times the number of years worked, in line with other public and private sector organisations.
Throughout June 2017 we held a consultation exercise with trade unions regarding proposed changes to modernise staff terms and conditions. The final report was approved by Full Council in September 2017.
Sally Marshall, Chief Executive, said, "The industrial action will affect some services at Dacorum Borough Council. Most noticeably the waste collections. I am sorry for any disruption residents may experience. Although union members have the right to strike, we will do our best to maintain essential services and minimise disruption as far as possible. Some disruption is unavoidable as a consequence of industrial action."
We will provide residents with updates on services via our social media channels, website and customer services unit.